Sunday 5 April 2020

Challenge for dealing with women on strike

Cooking for the family in the lockdown 


Sri Sri has given a project to cook on Monday. Let the men cook and women supervise. If the man is the regular cook, then women will cook  This project is for the 6th April 2020 

I am busy preparing   for the Monday #womenonstrike challenge 

Some vegetables I have cut , like ocra or Bhindi and cucumbers. Got finally a good peeler that works in flexible angles. 

I will be making chapaties and sabji (ocra).Cut fine cucumber also ready for the event 

Younger daughter will prepare crispy dosa for breakfast and I will prepare the Chutney  

Senior daughter will prepare lunch as she has expertise in sautéd veggies and pulao 

My turn is to prepare early dinner (we have usually by 18:30 or even earlier ) 

I am fine with rotis, Phulkas made in Gujarati  style 

I learnt way back in my sixth standard preparing chapati dough and rolling it for daddy to prepare when mother was confined for the birth of my second bro 10 years younger to me.

Wonder would you all like see the quality of cut vegetables ?

IMG_5296.jpeg


I am looking forward to the great cooking challenge and hope my wife blesses the family for a day of total rest from the kitchen. 

In a lighter vein one may ask why three cooks, my wife would never allow any one to enter her territory or country should I say. We have applied for visas for the day to enter her territory and cook inside the kitchen 

Of course cleaning the kitchen, washing vessels and the gas stove are three areas of challenge 

Washing vessels and clothes on my own I learnt when I used to stay at the ashram for short projects of rural development. Staying  in ashram taught me austerity and the value of money. Many days have lived  without a penny in my pockets.

Now I am happy I experienced over whelming abundance for eight years stay in the Middle East. The story will be told in another write up soon 


Muralidharan R Nair 

For days 11,12 of the lock down 

5th April day of lighting a lamp for spreading the light of health safety and joy for all 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food and cooking mindfully

Eat be thankful and be happy  Life has turned around  Now after CoVID it’s all about food rest sleep nutrition immunity and more  Calories a...